If this year has been tough for you as you have tried to care for your senior parent or loved one alone or with little assistance from friends or family, consider hiring professionals in the new year.
Hiring caregivers from a home care company will free up time and you might be surprised at all of the things that they can do for you and your senior at home.
- Stress- If you are running around, trying to do it all and managing your own household plus that of your senior parent, you are bound to begin to feel the effects of stress. If you are worried when your senior is alone, or unable to leave them alone, having hired caregivers will immediately free up some of your worries as they can be a trusted professional left with your senior at all times.
- Chores- Did you know that caregivers can do more than help with the physical needs of your senior? They can do light housework such as meal prep, cleaning, and even help with laundry! If your senior is physically unable to do the things around their home that need to be done, and you are trying to keep up with it alone, utilize the services of a home care company and let caregivers help!
- Errands- If your senior likes to get out of the house but cannot drive, and you struggle to find time to take them grocery or other types of shopping, caregivers can assist your senior so you don’t have to. This can free up a ton of time when you don’t have to drive your senior all over town or worry about finding the time to get their grocery shopping taken care of each week.
- Attention- Is your senior lonely or in need of a companion at home to talk to and just be present with? If so, another great way that caregivers can help is to provide trusted companionship to your senior parent or loved one so that you don’t have to feel guilty or worry when they are alone.
- Safety- Do you worry about your senior falling or getting into things that might be dangerous for them? If your senior isn’t safe at home, hiring the help of caregivers from a professional company will give you great peach of mind as they watch over your senior to keep them safe at home.
- Medical help- If your senior has medical needs that require them to take medications on a set schedule and they have difficulty following direction or remembering to do so, caregivers can help. Medication is so important because you want to be sure that your senior takes the proper medication in the proper amount and at the right time. You won’t have to worry when you have trained caregivers who are making sure that your senior is healthy and getting what they need when they need it.
If you are on the fence about hiring help in the new year, try it out and see what it can do for you and your senior!