Elderly Care in Roswell GA
Watching your elderly parent’s health deteriorate right before your eyes can be a gut-wrenching thing to see. After all, it was that person who cared for you for many years as a child. Unfortunately, although you may know that they are in need of someone to care for them, the senior may be in denial over the fact that they need anyone to care for them at all.
If you do notice any of these red flags, you should consider hiring an elderly care provider as a way to give you some peace of mind knowing they are being well taken care of.
- Falling dangers. The typical home has numerous falling hazards that could be extremely dangerous to the health of an elderly adult. One fall could result in a broken hip or other severe injury. Some of these dangers include loose throw rugs, unsteady handrails, an inconvenient laundry room (such as one that is in the basement), and too much clutter.
- Check their finances. Seniors who frequently forget to pay their bills on time or take care of other financial paperwork should have a caregiver to assist with these responsibilities. Search the countertops to see if there is any evidence that the senior’s bills have been left unopened.
- Car accidents. Another red flag is if your loved one is receiving more traffic tickets and being involved in accidents than they have in the past. This could be a sign that they have vision problems or other physical ailments that could be making it difficult for them to continue driving.
- Isolating themselves. If your loved one seems withdrawn from social activities or is spending an unusual amount of time in their home, they could be isolated. When not taken care of, isolation can eventually become depression. Encourage your loved one to get out of the house by signing them up for a class at the senior center or visit with friends and family on a regular basis. Whatever activity will get the senior off of the couch and into the real world is important to help them prevent isolation and other emotional issues.
- Lacking personal hygiene. Does your parent seem to be taking less care in their physical appearance? There could be a number of factors affecting their ability to take care of themselves. A home care provider could assist with both emotional and physical limitations that keep them from caring for themselves.
If you have noticed any of these things about your elderly loved one, you may want to consider hiring an elderly care provider to help them help.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring elderly care in Roswell, GA, please contact the caring staff at Home Helpers, call (678) 430-8511.