10 Uplifting Quotes Every Family Caregiver Needs to Read
When you're a family caregiver, you're bound to have some days that require a bit of a pick me up. In those moments when you just want to give up, I hope you have people around you – family, friends, caregivers – who can support you and make thing better.
These are some of my favorite inspirational quotes about caregiving. These are all meant to be compassionate reminders of our fundamental humanity. One is also a mantra that we're living here at Home Helpers:
"We're in it together."
When care teams work together hand-in-hand – whether it's between friends and family, nurses and doctors, caregivers and clients – everyone benefits. That's why we're committed to helping families understand the challenges facing an elderly person's family care team.
I encourage you to save these quotes on Pinterest and refer back them on a rainy day. Please also share with friends and family members who need a reminder that you have their back, and that we are all, in fact, in it together.
- "The best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person." - Unknown
- "If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." - Jack Kornfield
- "A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal." - Steve Maraboli
- "Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud." - Maya Angelou
- "A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees." - Amelia Earhart
- "If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
- "Some days there won't be a song in your heart. Sing anyway." - Emory Austin
- "Mountains cannot be surmounted except by winding paths." - Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth
- "You cannot correct an old person every time they say something offesnive. You would never make it through Thanksgiving dinner!" - Stephen Colbert
- "We're in it together."
Did we miss your favorite quote? Let us know what motivates you. Join the conversation on Facebook, and ask for an invitation to our "Inspiration for Caregivers" group Pinterest board.
Making Life Easier® Your loved one is in the best hands with our team.