Living with Parkinson’s brings challenges like no other disease. The list of symptoms, their intensity, and their rate of progression are different with each patient. Some symptoms can change from day to day, and others may never show up at all. The only thing that’s certain about Parkinson’s is its uncertainty.
At Home Helpers Home Care®, our compassionate team of professionals will create a plan of care that’s customized to provide the best quality of life possible. Our Caregivers can help you and your loved one adjust to life with Parkinson’s and provide the help and companionship care needed along the way.
We offer help with:
- Nutrition and Meal Planning - The right diet can be an important part of managing Parkinson’s symptoms. Avoiding or including certain foods may also be crucial for medication to be effective. Our Caregivers can help with the shopping and preparing nutritious meals for your loved one.
- Safety and Security - Falls are the leading cause of injuries in older adults, according to the National Council on Aging. Challenges with mobility and coordination make Parkinson’s patients especially susceptible. In order to minimize the risk of injury or falling, your Customized Care Plan will include an in-home assessment and a corresponding list of safety checks to implement.
Home Helpers also offers around the clock monitoring with Direct Link® powered by Aloe Care, the most advanced voice-activated medical alert and communication system. The system includes motion, temperature and air quality sensors. The secure app will notify family members of any changes.
- Exercise and Mobility – The Parkinson’s Foundation recommends building a physical activity into their daily routine. Our Caregivers will make sure your loved one consistently follows through on their exercise routine or physical activity. On days when the Caregiver isn’t there, we can still make sure it happens with our Wellness Calls. They are ideal for exercise reminders and even for keeping your loved company while they do them.
- Bathing and hygiene - For a Parkinson’s patient, the simplest tasks often become an ordeal due to muscle weakness or diminished motor skills. Your loved one’s dignity will stay intact because their In-Home Caregiver will make sure they stay clean and groomed.
- Respite for Family Members - You can take the best care of your loved one when you also take care of yourself. Our in-home Respite Care will provide family caregivers with the break they need to recharge and focus on themselves for a little while. This care can be scheduled that works best for the family.
Are you interested in learning more about our in-home care services? We would love to talk to you! We create the perfect level of care based on our free In-Home Care Assessment. Schedule yours today. We look forward to helping you make the best decision for your loved one’s home care assistance.