Inspirational Caregiver Quotes
Whether you are a family caregiver or a professional Caregiver, you understand that caring for another person is rewarding and can come with challenges. Finding time for yourself can easily move to the bottom of the extremely long to-do list.
Taking care of yourself is important to not just feel better but to be able to help others better. Making time for you isn’t just nice- it’s necessary. Here are 10 inspirational self-care quotes for caregivers to inspire and remind you of how important you are and to take a few moments for yourself.
- “Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.” – Christopher Germer
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” - Oprah Winfrey
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “Every one of us need to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” - Princess Diana
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther King, Jr
- “We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.” - Dolly Parton
- “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Maya Angelou
- “A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.” – Phyllis Diller
- “Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brené Brown
- “Our bodies are our gardens, to the which our wills are gardeners.” - William Shakespeare
Contact the professionals at Home Helpers to learn more about how our caregivers can help you or a loved one.