February 16 is National Caregivers Day
Jonathan Marsh, Owner
This Friday, make sure to give an extra thank you to those who work in hospice, long-term care, or those who take on a caregiving role for someone in their family. That’s because it will be National Caregivers Day.
Celebrated on the third Friday in February, National Caregivers Day was started by the Providers Association for Home Health & Hospice Agencies, a Dallas, Texas-based group geared toward providers to Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and uninsured patients. National Caregivers Day was first celebrated just 2 years ago.
Although National Caregivers Day is still under the radar for many, we think this day is a great time to acknowledge the dedicated, compassionate people who work as caregivers or have a caregiving role in their family. Here are a few suggestions to help them feel extra-special on Feb. 16 this year:
- If you’re an employer of caregivers, host a breakfast or lunch event to show your thanks.
- Write a note or card to let that person know why he or she is special.
- Offer a small token of appreciation, such as a small but meaningful gift or home-baked goods.
- Give them a gift card from a popular store.
- Put together a basket with special gifts your caregiver will enjoy, such as gourmet foods, candles, or other goodies.
- Give them the day off! Caregivers can sometimes have trouble taking care of themselves. Show them you’re aware of their efforts by giving them a day (or morning/afternoon) off to do something they enjoy.
- Share your praise with a manager. Let the supervisor know if a caregiver has made a big difference in care for you or a loved one. That compliment can go a long way.
Call Home Helpers of Bradenton to Care for Your Loved One
If you have a loved one in need of in-home care—or you need better in-home care—give Home Helpers of Bradenton a call. We provide companion care, personal care, homemakers services, and Alzheimer’s and dementia care so family members can rest easier. We help families in Manatee County and Sarasota County and in and around the communities of Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Myakka City, Palmetto, Parrish, and Sarasota.
Making Life Easier® Your loved one is in the best hands with our team.
Schedule Free Assessment