Transition to Home Program
WHAT IS THE TRANSITION TO HOME PROGRAM?
If you or a loved one are discharging or have recently been discharged from a hospital or skilled nursing/rehab facility, Home Helpers® Home Care of Bradenton proudly offers our Transition to Home Program.
The program is designed to meet the needs of individuals returning home after a hospital or skilled nursing/rehab stay. Home can be wherever they call home, whether a traditional home or senior community.
With high hospital readmission rates nationwide, the goal of the program is to provide additional support and care for those at high risk of readmission. When it comes to readmission rates, lower rates equate to greater patient satisfaction and improved outcomes.
Below are readmission rates, illustrating why home care is essential:
- Hospitals: 15.6%
- Skilled Nursing Facilities: 21.1%
- Skilled Home Health Agencies: 16.7%
- Private Duty/Non-Medical Agencies: 4.9%
- Home Helpers Home Care of Bradenton: 3.2%
*3.2% readmission rate with Home Helpers is based on clients receiving 20 hours or more of care per week.
WHO IS IDEAL FOR THE PROGRAM?
Individuals that will benefit from the program meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Are discharging or have recently been discharged from a hospital or skilled nursing/rehab facility.
- Are on Skilled Home Health Care Services, and for continued support after Medicare coverage ends.
- Have multiple chronic conditions.
- Have little support at home from family or loved ones.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
In addition to our in-home care services, the Transition to Home Program includes the following:
- Complimentary assessment prior to discharge.
- Registered Nurse assessment and personalized plan of care post-discharge.
- Regular Quality Assurance Visits by supervisory staff.
- Ongoing Home Safety Assessments.
- Onsite Caregiver Training prior to discharge.
- Care Coordination with all healthcare providers.
- Assisting with new equipment.
- Providing Medication Reminders.
- Assisting with Follow-Up Doctor's Appointments.
TESTIMONIAL FROM A HOME HELPERS’ CLIENT
Kristen Curtis - "My grandfather had a stroke a few months ago and was moved to a rehab facility in Bradenton, where he lived, but I live in Orlando (2.5-hour drive). With very little notice, I was informed that he was going home. I can't thank Home Helpers enough for the support that they gave me and my grandfather, and specifically the peace of mind of knowing that he was well cared for while I was across the state. The aides that came in to take care of him also helped assist him with his rehab so that he was able to make a quicker recovery than if he was on his own. They gave me the impression they cared for him as much as I did. Again, I cannot stress enough how grateful I am for Home Helpers, and I would truly recommend them to anyone who needed a little extra attention for their loved one."