COVID-19 and the global health crisis have wreaked havoc on the hospitality and food service industries, and an enormous number of people have lost their jobs because of it. The hardworking men and women, who were formerly employed by hotels and restaurants, now find themselves struggling to make ends meet, keep a roof over their heads, and put food on their own tables.
It is heartbreaking to know how many people in Florida, alone, this pandemic has impacted. People from all walks of life and employment backgrounds have lost jobs, and seniors feel more compelled than ever to steer clear of coronavirus by staying at home.
The good news is, I have caregiver employment opportunities available at Home Helpers® Clearwater!
I am in need of in-home caregivers, which requires individuals with compassionate, servant’s hearts, to provide assistance to seniors with an assortment of needs. I specifically mention the hospitality and food service industries, because many of those who have been laid-off, may have what it takes to assist aging adults.
Care-giving is a big responsibility with even bigger rewards! Five of the benefits of becoming a caregiver are summarized here:
- Choosing to be a caregiver requires a clear decision to put the needs of others ahead of your own. Someone’s quality of life is enhanced when a loving person tends to their individual needs. With the aging population growing at record levels, there are long-term employment possibilities with Home Helpers® Clearwater.
- Caregivers can work a flexible schedule that suits their requirements, part-time or full-time. Our clients have needs 24/7, 365, so you can choose how much and when you want to work. Aside from furloughed employees from the hospitality and food service industries, empty-nesters, retirees, and professionals (CNAs, LPNs, RNs), who would rather work in private home health care, are always welcome!
- Being a companion to a senior or disabled person brings great satisfaction to all parties involved, and can mean the difference between life and death. Health benefits for clients are said to include lower blood pressure, reduced risk of depression and other mental health disorders, as well as a reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The client can remain comfortable at home, without having to be admitted to a nursing home or assisted living facility. Caregivers understand the importance of providing this opportunity for those who do not need specialized medical care, but who are simply unable to manage activities of daily living like they once did.
- Providing in-home care is an opportunity to use basic and specialized skills, which adds depth to your career portfolio, as well as, your character. In most cases, there is opportunity for growth through training seminars and conferences, so you can improve yourself, your skills, and your care-giving abilities along the way.
I am not simply offering a paycheck for experienced applicants. I am providing an opportunity to realize levels of personal satisfaction and financial security like you’ve never known before.
I mentioned a paycheck, which is why anyone applies for employment. However, I have adapted a platform called Payactiv, which includes a “financial wellness” program with amazing benefits for Home Helpers® caregivers:
- On-demand access to earned wages
- Electronic Bill Pay
- Cash pick-up at Walmart stores
- Prescription Discounts
- Savings and Budgeting Tools
- Financial Counseling and Financial planning guides
- Visa® Prepaid Card (24/7/365 real-time access to earned wages)
- And much more!
Furthermore, I hire employees, rather than independent contractors, because when I find devoted caregivers, I want them for long-term employment. With that in mind, I am also proud to provide my employees:
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Incentives
- Paid mileage
Professional caregivers who are willing to give of their time and talents receive:
- Long-term employment possibilities through Home Helpers®
- Flexible schedules for part-time or full-time employees
- HHA’s, CNAs, LPNs, and RNs who prefer private, in- home healthcare encouraged to apply
- Practical use of basic and specialized skills adds depth of character and boosts career portfolios through experience, training, conferences, and seminars
- Personal satisfaction by serving others in need
If you are a displaced employee of the hospitality or food service industries with a desire to undergo training to assist seniors; or you are a qualified HHA or CNA, I welcome the opportunity to meet you and explore how we can help each other to help others!
Please go to our website to learn more about Home Helpers® Clearwater, and complete an application for employment.
We, at Home Helpers® Clearwater, are honored to have received the Home Care Pulse – Best of Home Care® Provider of Choice Award for 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020. We proudly serve male and female seniors in Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Tarpon Springs, Holiday, New Port Richey, Trinity, Port Richey, Hudson and surrounding areas. Home Helpers®…we are Making Life Easier℠