Home Helpers® Clearwater selects an Exceptional Caregiver each month who has demonstrated excellence in their performance by going above and beyond to help their clients and our team. At the end of the year, an overall Exceptional Caregiver is chosen.
In addition, a collaboration of five Home Helpers® franchisees in the Greater Tampa Bay area also choose an overall Exceptional Caregiver annually.
Last year, we held this ceremony virtually, but this year, we all finally got to reunite at the Riverview Hilton Garden Inn on March 5th for the 2021 Exceptional Caregiver Awards banquet, and thankfully, each of my nominated caregivers were in attendance!
The word Caregiver refers to a person who provides care and support for another dependent person. However, an Exceptional Caregiver provides unsurpassable care and support.
Six specific characteristics come to mind when describing the Home Helpers® Clearwater Exceptional Caregiver of the Year:
- Respectful and Never Patronizing – She can connect with each client as a person that has lived a long life, and was once able to stand on their own, and NOT treat them like the fragile senior, that needs care, as they are now.
- Empathetic – She understands the struggle her clients have with not being able to do tasks for themselves anymore. She allows them to be as independent as they can be, safely.
- Reliable – Not only can we rely on her to always be at her shifts, but we can also rely on her to make sure that everything that needs to be done, during her shifts, will be done.
- Patient – It is easy to feel frustration when caring for an aging senior that requires extra time and assistance with seemingly simple tasks. This Exceptional Caregiver handles each situation calmly and without frustration.
- Observant – She pays close attention to notice changes in her clients’ conditions and needs.
- Caring: Being a caregiver is not just a job for Lora Thomas. She genuinely cares!
Lora has been a valued employee with Home Helpers® Clearwater for nearly 8 years. In those 8 years, she has worked with some of our most challenging cases. She always handles herself professionally and provides individualized care, allowing each of her clients to age on their terms, with the dignity and respect they deserve. Home Helpers Clearwater is lucky to have Lora Thomas on our team, and so are the clients she cares for!
Congratulations, Lora, and many thanks for being our Exceptional Caregiver 2021, and for all you have done to help your clients, colleagues, family, and friends over the last 8 years!
In addition, for the first time in the Greater Tampa Bay Area, Home Helpers® recognized Caregivers to receive Years of Service Awards for 3 and 5+ years of service. Our award recipients for 2021 are:
- Lora Thomas
- Rosetta LoBianco
- Catherine Green
- Karen Holguin
- Rosie Vaughan
- Aimee Leonard
Thank you all for your time, dedication, commitment, and service to Home Helpers® Clearwater and our clients! You are each a valued member of our team, and I look forward to working with all of you in the years to come!
If you or a loved one is in search of in-home care from one of my many exceptional caregivers, I am happy to offer a FREE Consultation to get to know you and assess your specific needs. Home Helpers® caregivers provide non-medical assistance with in-home care services, specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care, personal care, homemakers services, respite care, and so much more.
We, at Home Helpers® Clearwater, are honored to have received the Home Care Pulse – Best of Home Care® Provider of Choice Award 2016-2022 and the Best of Home Care® Employer of Choice Award 2022. We proudly serve male and female seniors in Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Tarpon Springs, Holiday, New Port Richey, Trinity, Port Richey, Hudson, and surrounding areas. Home Helpers®…we are Making Life Easier℠ 727.942.2539