May has so many awareness themes, that it seems I have something to write about every week. One of these awareness subjects happens to be near and dear to my heart: Older Americans Month, because they are incredibly important to our community, our families, Home Helpers® and me!
“Every May, the Administration for Community Living (ACL) leads the nation’s observance of Older Americans Month (OAM). In 2022, ACL will be focusing on aging in place – how older adults can plan to stay in their homes and live independently in their communities for as long as possible. The 2022 theme is Age My Way, an opportunity for all of us to explore the many ways older adults can remain in and be involved with their communities,” the ACL website explains.
I love this year’s theme, because Home Helpers® exists to help seniors age in place, their way, independently at home. Some of the in-home care services the compassionate, licensed, bonded, and insured caregivers I employ perform include:
- Companion care is a gift to seniors who live alone, to keep their minds engaged through conversation, games and activities, and keep them socially connected, as much as possible.
- Homemaker services like laundry and light housework keeps the home safe and clean.
- Personal care like bathing, hair care, dressing, toileting and more always lifts senior spirits.
- Nutritional meal planning and preparation and grocery shopping may be too difficult for seniors, especially if they have physical disabilities, Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care helps ease the burden with customized home health services to ensure a higher quality of life and more peace of mind for you, your loved one, and your entire family.
- Respite carefor family caregivers allows them to take the time needed for their own physical and mental wellness.
- Specialized care services includes recuperative care, support for stroke recovery and post-operative care by professional caregivers.
- 24/7 live-In and shift care is for those who require overnight assistance. Plus, we recommend Direct Link 24-hour monitoring devices in case of an emergency for seniors who live alone, which adds a level of comfort for their family.
- Wake-up/tuck-in services provides caregiver assistance with a senior’s morning and evening routines and tasks.
- Wellness calls ensure seniors are faring well: they are eating, exercising, staying hydrated and taking their medications properly. Wellness calls may include:
- Morning & Evening Check-in Calls
- Meal Reminders
- Hydration Reminders
- Exercise Reminders
- Medication Reminders
- Companionship with Engagement and Conversation
For seniors to Age My Way, Home Helpers® strives to make lifeeasier for Older Americans in the Clearwater area with these comprehensive in-home care services and so much more.
This year’s White House proclamation states:
“During Older Americans Month, we honor our Nation’s seniors and the tremendous impact they have made in helping build a more perfect Union. Older Americans contribute their time and wisdom to make our communities stronger, more informed, and better connected. They are our loved ones, friends, mentors, essential workers, volunteers, and neighbors. We celebrate their achievements and recommit to providing our elders with the support and services they need to thrive and age with dignity.
During Older Americans Month, let us pay tribute to the seniors who raised and guided us throughout our lives, and let us renew our commitment to honoring their contributions by giving them the fullest care, support, and respect they deserve.”
To deliver the fullest care, support and respect seniors deserve, Home Helpers® along with our local Area Agency On Aging Of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc., a 501(c)(3) private non-profit agency serving seniors and their caregivers in Pasco & Pinellas counties, provide a variety of important resources to support seniors in their efforts to Age My Way.
Remember, we are your extended family when family can’t be there to lend expert assistance, care, and support to Older Americans in the Clearwater area. I welcome the opportunity to meet you and to review the many services Home Helpers® Clearwater provides during a FREE consultation and assessment of needs. During this assessment, I will answer all of your questions and ask some of my own to craft the perfect Cared-4℠ Customized Care Plan that is perfectly suited for you or your loved one to age their way while staying independent at home.
We, at Home Helpers® Clearwater, are honored to have received the Home Care Pulse – Best of Home Care® Provider of Choice Award 2016-2022 and the Best of Home Care® Employer of Choice Award 2022. We proudly serve male and female seniors in Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Tarpon Springs, Holiday, New Port Richey, Trinity, Port Richey, Hudson, and surrounding areas. Home Helpers®…we are Making Life Easier℠ 727.942.2539
Administration for Community Living
Area Agency On Aging Of Pasco-Pinellas, Inc