More than 3.5 million children and adults sustain an ABI each year, but the total incidence is unknown.
Typical causes of ABI include:
- Electric Shock
- Infectious Disease
- Lightning Strike
- Near Drowning
- Oxygen Deprivation (Hypoxia/Anoxia)
- Seizure Disorder
- Substance Abuse/Overdose
- Toxic Exposure
BRAIN INJURY FACTS & STATISTICS
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is type of ABI. A TBI is caused by trauma to the brain from an external force.
- Nearly 50% of TBI's are caused by falls. A huge risk factor for our SENIORS!!!
- The number of people who sustain TBIs and do not seek treatment is unknown.
- One of every 60 people in the U.S. lives with a TBI related disability.
For more information from The Brain Injury Association of America, click here: https://www.biausa.org/ #ChangeYourMind #homehelpersdelawarecolumbus
Call (614) 468-8187 for a FREE in-home consultation or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.homehelpershomecare.com/delaware-oh.
We are here to help and look forward to connecting with your family.
This blog provides general information and discussions about medicine, health, and related subjects. The words and other content provided in this blog, and in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If the reader or any other person has a medical concern, he or she should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other healthcare workers.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
The views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, practice or other institution with which may have been mentioned or linked to in the article.