Exactly two years ago, on June 1st, Home Helpers North Central Connecticut opened its doors on Hazard Avenue, in Enfield, with the mission of offering high-quality home care to our community and excellent customer service to our clients.
On this anniversary, all of our caregivers, clients, and their families are invited to come over to our office from 1 pm to 4 pm for a delicious slice of marble cake. We are also having a raffle for gas and coffee shops gift cards.
In these two years, Home Helpers Home Care in Enfield, North Central
CT and Western MA has achieved some exciting milestones.
Here’s a few I would like to share with everyone:
- We earned the Provider of Choice – Best of Home Care award in both, 2016 and 2017, for excellence in services to our clients. These awards are based on a third-party survey conducted with our customers throughout the year;
- A+ rating from Better business Bureau;
- A+ rating from Home Care Standards Bureau;
- Bold One Award, given to the best new office of Home Helpers which started the business in the past two years;
- National Bold Diamond award from Home Helpers, recognizing our 487% growth, during our second year of operations;
- Pinnacle Club membership, conceded to the best Home Helpers offices nationally, considering franchisees of different sizes;
- Two times winner of the Best of Enfield Award in the Home Care category;
- Had one of our caregivers shortlisted for the national Exceptional Caregiver Award;
- Certified in the Dementia Care Training Program by the Avila Institute of Gerontology, from Germantown, NY;
- Started offering services in Western Massachusetts in 2017;
- Became an active member of the North Central Chamber of Commerce;
- Participated in the Walk to End Alzheimer’s in 2016;
- Actively engaged with our community in sharing information about Alzheimer’s and Home Care through our website and Social Media;
- Got an expressive number of 5-star Reviews from clients and former clients on Google, Yelp, Caring.com, and Agingcare.com;
- Promoted informative roundtables to discuss Home Care and how to talk about it with your loved one;
- Co-sponsored Veteran events in our community, to honor our military;
- Partnered with Veterans Care Coordination to speed up access to benefits available to former members of the Armed Forces;
- Increased our number of clients and caregivers exponentially.
It’s been a rough ride, with its ups and downs. In our line of business, we get in touch with people who many times are going through a hard time in their lives. We are passionate about helping them any way we can, making their lives easier and less stressful.
We also have to be sure that we are hiring the best caregivers to look after them. We are always looking for people who are passionate about what they are doing. People for whom caregiving is not just a job, but also a calling in life. I would like to thank all of them for their dedication during these two years.
And, of course, all of this would not be possible if it was not for our staff.
Now, it is all about keeping up the good work! Looking forward to the next two years!