Why Home Helpers
Why Home Helpers of Hinsdale for In-Home Care?
Why Our Office is Unique
In addition to being a licensed, full-service Home Services agency, we pledge the following:
- Home Helpers is one of the most highly-rated and largest agencies in the region.
- Home Helpers Home Care was the first agency in Illinois to be A+ rated by the Home Care Standards Bureau.
- We’ve been in business for over 15 years and have a lot of experience to share.
- We will never ask you to guarantee a schedule or make an advance payment. You may terminate our services at any time, for any reason, and will owe nothing more than services previously rendered.
- We will be accessible to clients, family members and caregivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We will know all our clients personally and will always put their interests first. Other than our own family, our clients are our top priority.
- We will take the time to find the best caregiver based on your requirements. She/He will have both the skills to perform the required duties and the personality that will make them a welcome visitor time after time.
- We will strive to have a backup caregiver available in case the primary caregiver is sick or cannot make it.
- You will always have the final say as to the personalized care plan.
- We will keep all information confidential and respect your privacy.
You have several options when looking for home care
We screen, train, employ and supervise our caregiving staff. We withhold taxes and contribute to workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance. We bond and insure all our employees. Illinois law requires that licensed home care agencies perform employee criminal background checks, but we go beyond that and search state and federal felony and misdemeanor databases while also performing a number of other checks, including a driving record review. Our employees also must pass a pre-hire drug screening.
Read more about our many services here.
These agencies place caregivers with clients and generally collect a placement fee from the caregiver. Some agencies pre-screen and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction. The employment agency typically does not pay employer/employee payroll taxes or workers’ compensation insurance. The client must assume all the responsibilities of an employer, including payment of required taxes and withholding, as required by Illinois labor laws.
Independent providers of care, such as companions, aides or nurses, can be hired privately by the client. If an employer/employee relationship is established between the client and caregiver, the client will be responsible for all state and federal payroll requirements as well as workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation obligations. There may be some instances where the caregiver may be considered an “independent contractor” and, therefore responsible for his or her own taxes and insurance. The IRS has established clear guidelines to be used in determining whether a caregiver is an employee or an independent contractor, and in order to avoid unintentional liability, clients should consider these guidelines (and their consequences) before hiring a caregiver privately.
Your Extended Family When Family Can’t Be There
At Home Helpers Home Care, we’re here to do exactly what our name
says: help. We’re more than an in-home health care agency –
we’re your extended family when family can’t be there.
From our initial free in-home consultation to compassionate, caring in-home health care services to medical monitoring, we provide exceptional support for you, your loved one, and your entire family.
We work with you to create a customized care plan that matches your family’s needs, taking time to understand your unique situation through a step-by-step process for the best quality of life for your loved one and peace of mind for you.
FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION
We meet with you at no obligation to get to know you and understand your family’s needs, answer your questions, and assess care needs.
FREE HOME SAFETY CHECK
Our free home environmental assessment identifies potential hazards and helps ensure the home is safe for your loved one to age in place.
We know it can be difficult to open your home to a stranger, so we match every client with the most compatible caregiver, and we personally introduce caregivers and clients. When your loved one is partnered with the right caregiver, they become members of an extended family that provides compassionate, attentive care and the best possible quality of life.