Home Care Westchester IL
We Offer the Following Home Care Services in Westchester, Illinois
- Companion Care
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Parkinson's Home Care
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- 24 / 7 Live-In Care
- Post-Operative Home Care
Activities for Seniors in Westchester IL
Westchester Park District
The Westchester Park District offers a variety of programs, including fitness classes and an ongoing bridge tournament, geared toward the village’s senior population.
Residents 60 and older are entitled to a 10 percent discount for most programs.
- Call (708) 865-8200 or visit www.wpdparks.org for more information.
Act II Seniors Club
This program is offered by Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital for individuals 50 and older. It includes classes, clubs, outings and events focused on healthcare, exercise, social interaction, entertainment, travel and other activities that benefit members.
Activities are open to members and non-members; some activities have fees, but many are free. There are no dues. Members enjoy travel opportunities at a discount through outside vendors.
- For membership or other information, call the ACT II Seniors Club Office at (708) 245-8170 or learn more at ACT II Seniors Club Activities and Events.
Proviso Township Senior Referral Office
This multi-service agency provides information and referral services either by phone or in person. A wide variety of services are available to seniors and individuals with disabilities, including:
- Free rides to medical appointments
- Temporary handicapped placards
- Meals on Wheels
- Wheelchairs for loan
- Laminating service for identification cards
- Notary Public
- Help with benefits access and tax freeze applications, pharmaceutical assistance and other forms and documents
- Free Income tax assistance
Handyman Program is available for advice, referrals, and minor repairs for $5.00 per visit plus the cost of any needed parts.
- Call (708) 449-4307 for more information, or visit Proviso Township online.
Aging Care Connections
Aging Care Connections is a private, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to enrich the quality of life of older adults and their families through a range of programs and services that enhance their well-being and independence. Founded in 1971, Aging Care Connections provides comprehensive services to adults sixty years of age and older in Lyons, Riverside, Proviso, Norwood Park and Leyden Townships.
- Programs and services include:
- Caregiver Support Program
- Support Groups
- Benefits Assistance
- Adult Protective Services
- Community Care Program
- Linkage to Home Delivered Meals
- Congregate Meals
- Comprehensive Care Coordination
- General Information and Assistance
- If you have questions about aging resources in our community, contact ACC at (708) 354-1323 or agingcareconnections.org.
Why eat lunch alone when you can dine with friends new and old, and all for just $2.50?
Aging Care Connections’ Congregate Meals program serves older adults (aged 60 and older) with a nutritious lunchtime meal for a suggested donation of $2.50. Meals are served Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.at Salerno’s Pizzeria and Sports Bar, 9301 W 63rd St, Hodgkins.
Stay after your meal to enjoy bingo, crafts, reading discussion groups, board games, and educational programs.
- Reserve your spot by calling (708) 354-1323.
Aging Well Neighborhood
The Health Programming Team works with community organizations and health providers to increase participation in evidence-based health workshops for older adults Take Charge of Your Health (managing chronic health conditions) and (A Matter of Balance) preventing falls.
Do you want to get involved in creating an age-friendly community? Or learn about the health and wellness events, programs, and activities happening in your area? Or connect with other like-minded adults near you? If so, we would love to hear from you! The Aging Well Neighborhood program brings together older adults, businesses, healthcare services, social services, and health and wellness education to create a “Health Neighborhood.” The goal of this program is to build a community of services that support lifelong wellness and an age-friendly community.
- Contact the Aging Well Neighborhood team at Aging Care Connections at (708) 354-1323 ext. 259 or AWN@agingcareconnections.org.