Care and Companionship Services in Kitsap, WA
Taking care of a loved one can put a lot of stress on the entire family, especially when you’re required to provide physical assistance and emotional support. We understand the toll constant care can take on anyone, which is why our Caregivers at Home Helpers Home Care of Kitsap, WA offer exceptional and compassionate senior care companionship services.
Our custom care and companionship solutions include:
- Personal Care
- Companion Care
- Homemaker Services
- 24 Hour Home Care
- Wake Up Tuck In Care
The above services are designed to help seniors in Kitsap feel comfortable, cared for, and valued. We never want to rob anyone of independence or self-worth. In fact, our in-home care services focus on enhancing the overall quality of life and encouraging homebound individuals to be as autonomous as possible.
Our care & companionship services put your loved one first. Call (360) 329-9970 now or schedule a free in-home assessment online today.
Misconceptions About Care and Companionship Services
Many families have misconceptions about various facets of in-home care. We want to dispel some of these myths, so you have all the facts when you or an aging family member requires this kind of assistance.
Some misconceptions about care and companionship services include:
- They’re too expensive – Cost is an aspect of elder care that usually scares potential clients away. Because of the nature of care, we have various payment options that allow you or a family member to get the care you need without paying out of pocket (in some cases).
- They’re not customizable – Senior care should always be tailored to the individual’s specific needs or ailments. At Home Helpers, we don’t offer a standard approach to care and companionship that works across the board. Your senior loved one will have a personalized care plan designed exclusively for them.
- They only focus on physical needs – Many seniors working with our qualified Caregivers have more emotional challenges than physical difficulties. We develop a care plan that accounts for the whole person, not just specific attributes of their condition.
- They’re for extremely lonely people – Due to the pandemic, many seniors are self-isolating to remain virus-free. Loneliness may be a symptom of isolation, but it’s usually not the sole reason seniors require companionship. Our Caregivers enjoy helping your loved one with everything from hygiene tasks and daily chores to hobbies and errands.
Our goal is to develop a genuine connection with seniors to give other family members a permanent reprieve. Whether you or someone you love needs round-the-clock in-home care or just a few hours of companionship, our senior care specialists in Kitsap are here for you.
What are the duties of a companion caregiver?
Companion care plays a crucial role in ensuring that clients are receiving essential care and support, which can improve their overall well-being and happiness. The role of a companion caregiver can vary depending on the needs and preferences of each client.
A list of duties a companion caregiver typically fulfills includes:
- Providing emotional support and companionship to clients
- Assisting with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Monitoring and reporting changes in the client's physical or mental health
- Assisting with medication reminders and managing prescriptions
- Running errands, such as grocery shopping and picking up prescriptions
- Preparing meals and ensuring the client is getting proper nutrition
- Helping with light housekeeping duties such as laundry and tidying up
- Participating in social and recreational activities with clients, such as playing games or going for walks
- Providing transportation to appointments, social events, and other outings.
and so much more! By providing essential care and support, our caregivers provide your loved ones a life with greater independence, comfort, and happiness.
Call (360) 329-9970 for more information or schedule your free assessment online today.