1. Do they use employees or contractors?
For employees, the company pays federal taxes, state taxes, unemployment taxes, workers compensation, insurance, bonding and they cannot be considered your employees.
2. Is the company licensed, insured and bonded?
3. Are they Caregiver Quality Assurance (CQA) Certified and do they use a CQA Pre- Employment Assessment and Hiring Process?
This certification is a process designed to help recruit and select the very best caregivers and avoid poor hiring choices.
4. Do they have a formal training curriculum, certification process and specialized disease state training?
Ask to see a copy of their training plan.
5. Do they use a Telephony Monitoring system to track their Caregivers arrival and departure time to ensure they arrive and depart as agreed in the contract?
6. Are they part of a National Company or Franchise and what’s the track record?
This says something about the type of Program and Model they are associated with which will include strong standards. Home Helpers was Ranked #1 in Senior Care Nationally for five consecutive years.
7. Are they an Accredited Member of the BBB and do they have an A+ rating?
8. Are they licensed by the State of Tennessee?
9. Do they do the following background checks?
10. Do they run Random Drug Checks on their employees?
11. Do their employees have annual TB Skin Tests?
12. Do they have a Quality Assurance Manager on staff?
13. Do they have RN’s, LPN’s, Social Workers on staff?
14. Do they do supervised visits once per month on all clients with the RN, LPN and QA staff?
15. Are they a smoke free agency?
16. Are they a member of the Chamber?
17. Are the standards able to meet audits with the DOL, TennCare Choices, Veterans Department, East Tennessee Area on Aging?
18. Do they have a professional management team in place?