Provider Information

Home Helpers Provider List

Home Helpers is a provider for many different agencies and payer sources. We know sometimes it can be difficult to sort through eligibility and sign ups. We would be happy to help make this easer for you. 

U.S. Department of Labor and Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation.

If you have a card like this, you may qualify for free in-home care. Many of our Oak Ridge Plant workers may qualify for support. We will work on your behalf to determine if you would qualify. 

Nuclear & Uranium Industry Workers (Energy Employees Compensation Program)

We are a HomeCare provider for nuclear weapons workers and uranium miners, millers and haulers suffering from illnesses contracted in the course of their employment. Home Helpers is a Department of Labor Provider and licensed. Home Helpers brings professional in-home care to qualified beneficiaries under the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Program (EEOICPA) and Radiation Exposure Compensation (RECA) programs.

Tenncare Choices

CHOICES Group 2 is for certain people who receive home care instead of nursing home care. It’s only for:

  • Adults 65 years of age and older;
  • OR adults 21 years of age and older who have physical disabilities;
  • AND meet nursing facility level of care.

CHOICES Group 3 is for certain people who receive home care instead of nursing home care because they do not qualify for nursing facility level of care; but who, in the absence of HCBS, are "at risk" for nursing facility care. It’s only for:

  • Adults 65 years of age and older;
  • OR adults 21 years of age and older who have physical disabilities;
  • AND meet "at risk" level of care.

To enroll in CHOICES and receive home care services:
Your TennCare health plan (or MCO) must be able to safely meet your needs at home.
AND, the cost of your home care can’t be more than the cost of nursing home care. The cost of your home care includes any home health or private duty nursing that TennCare provides.

Tennessee Options for Community Living Program

OPTIONS for Community Living is a state-funded program. The program was created to provide the elderly, as well as adults with disabilities, home- and community-based service choices. This program is available through the local Area Agencies on Aging and Disability.

Program Eligibility

To be eligible for the OPTIONS program, an individual must:

  • Be a resident of Tennessee
  • Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
  • Must meet Activities of Daily Living (ADL) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL) limitation requirements.

Consumers of OPTIONS services are adults with physical and/or cognitive disabilities (excluding individuals with mental retardation). There is no income eligibility requirement for this program. However, there is a sliding fee scale based on income.

What kinds of services are available?

The services funded through the state for OPTIONS include the following:

  • Homemaker services
  • Personal care
  • Home delivered meals

Veteran’s Administration

Any War-Time Veteran with 90 days of active duty, 1 day beginning or ending during a period of War, is eligible to apply for the Aid & Attendance Special Pension.  A surviving spouse (marriage must have ended due to death of veteran) of a War-Time Veteran may also apply.  The individual applying must qualify both medically and financially.  To see the periods of war that have been qualified by Congress.

To qualify medically, a War-Time Veteran or surviving spouse must need the assistance of another person to perform daily tasks, such as eating, dressing, undressing, taking care of the needs of nature, etc.  Being blind or in a nursing home for mental or physical incapacity, or residing in an assisted living facility also qualifies.

To qualify financially, an applicant must have less than $80,000 in assets, EXCLUDING their home and vehicles. What you need to determine is what is "Countable" income after backing out all allowable expenses.  Please see the following to help you determine that figure.

The VA suggests that its adjudicators use a certain amount of personal judgment on this issue. But the bottom line is: does it realistically appear that the veteran or surviving spouse may outlive their assets? If so, they are likely eligible. 

Do NOT count their residence or vehicle when estimating net worth. Do NOT count a life insurance policy (because the policy holder must be deceased in order to benefit from it). DO count CDs, annuities, stocks, bonds, savings, checking, IRAs, Keogh, etc. DO count any assets owned by the spouse as well. As a rule of thumb, assets should not exceed $80,000. That amount drops depending on the age of claimant.

Long Term Care Insurances - Metlife, SHIP, Prudential, Genworth, etc.

We would be happy to help figure out your coverage level of LTC insurance, work with the insurance company to set up the documentation they require and work out the billing with them. We take most long term care insurances and deal with them directly to take the worry away from you.

Private Pay

Our most common form of payment and we work with our clients to ensure everything is done by the book.

Please visit our Learning Center for more information on these resources and more.