Why Home Helpers
WHY HOME HELPERS IN MEQUON FOR IN-HOME CARE?
There are over 160 home care companies in our 4-county service area. As a business, we need to articulate what makes us different.
What is our value proposition to you – the client?
Here are the 4 reasons Home Helpers is the company you should speak with about care for your family members.
1. Our fundamental approach to home care is that everyone we help has a medical challenge. It might be physical, cognitive, emotional, or behavioral. It can be all of these - and it can run the gamut from mild to severe.
Who better to consult with for an assessment than a registered nurse who specializes in geriatric care?!
Our Nurse Forward patient approach is a registered home care business model with the State of Wisconsin where Home Helpers utilizes registered nurses to lead all areas of the patient engagement, including:
- Conduct all patient assessments
- Create and manage patient-centered care plans, including periodic visits to reassess patient status and what modifications are recommended. These are discussed with the patient and their families
- Coordinate pre-hospital conferences to prepare for discharge home (planning ahead)
- Coordinate hospital or rehab discharge care conferences to prepare for discharge home (planning for the new normal)
- Schedule, attend, and transport patients to follow-up medical appointments
- On-call 24/7 for emergencies
- Our registered nurses are also Certified Dementia Practitioners
2. Our Nurse Forward approach is then married with our Integrated Wellness Program focuses on the whole person, including:
- Safety: All staff are equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and they have received additional infection control and COVID-19 training
- Nutrition & Hydration
- Emotional/Social Support
- Mental Exercise/Stimulation