Live-In Care is a unique in-home care service we offer for seniors and those recuperating from illness. Live-in care helps support the fundamental desire of elderly clients who wish to age in place in their own home.
Live-In Care is a great approach for someone who does not have acute health concerns, but rather the following:
• They live alone
• He or she would like to continue an active social life but no longer drives
• There are medical and social appointments that they would like to continue
• They live with family and the family travels extensively
• Is lonely and would benefit from companionship
• Might be suffering from early-to-mid-level cognitive challenges
• May currently be utilizing 10 to 12 hours/day in hourly shift care and whose family would desire more help in a more cost-effective way
Someone who is currently getting more than 12 hours of daily home care can save money by moving to a Live-In Care Model. Further, daily care models of 10 to 12 hours per day can convert to 24/7 care for a nominal amount. See a comparison of hourly care versus live-in care below.
The cost of Live-In Care is done differently from traditional hourly in-home care services. Per Federal Regulations, the live-in caregiver must have 8 hours of break time per day. They do not leave the home during their break time, and are always “at the ready”. Additionally, 5 of the 8 hours per day must be “uninterrupted sleep time”. A clinical assessment by our Nursing Team will determine if a client is appropriate for the Live-In Care or 24/7 Care Model.
As is the case with all our caregivers, our live-in caregivers all must adhere to the following:
• They must pass a criminal background check
• They get annual flu shots
• They must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• They must have a Social Security Card
• They are Licensed, Bonded and Issued
• Training and education programs are overseen by the Director of Nursing
As with our hourly shift care model, all our live-in care is monitored and managed by our nursing team.
Our 24 hour live-in care services are available in Mequon, Milwaukee, Fox Point, Bayside, River Hills, Whitefish Bay, Cedarburg, Germantown, Grafton, Menomonee Falls, Brown Deer, Port Washington, Wauwatosa, West Bend, Hartford, Sussex, West Allis, Butler, Colgate, Fredonia, Greendale, Hales Corners, Saukville, Slinger, Richfield, Jackson, Thiensville, and Hubertus, Wisconsin.