Eating well is important at any age, but even more necessary for seniors because nutritional needs change. Adequate nutrition is necessary for health, quality of life and vitality.
Enjoy this tasty frittata recipe any time of the day. Serve with a large salad for a complete meal.
| Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Mince onion and chop garlic let them sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting benefits.
- Preheat broiler on low.
- Heat 1 TBS broth in a 9-10 inch stainless steel skillet. Sauté onion over medium heat, for about 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, ground lamb or turkey, and cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat, breaking up clumps.
- Add kale and 2 TBS broth. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook covered for about 5 more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Beat eggs, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and pour on top of mixture evenly. Cook on low for another 2 minutes without stirring.
- Place skillet under broiler in middle of oven, about 7 inches from the heat source so it has time to cook without the top burning. As soon as the eggs are firm, it is done, about 2-3 minutes.