Senior Home Care Services
Alzheimer’s & Dementia Care
24 Hour Home Care
Home Care in Hebron, IN
In-Home Care for Your Loved One
In-home care makes it possible for senior citizens living in Hebron, Indiana to handle old age in a dignified and comfortable manner. Home Helpers Senior Home Care of Northwestern Indiana is dedicated to delivering outstanding home care assistance to the elderly. Our services include companionship, assistance in daily activities, health care management, and tailor-made services for those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
At Home Helpers, we know that old age is inevitable, and so are the challenges that come along with it; therefore, it is important to have a reliable plan, and this includes considering elderly care for you or your loved one in Hebron. When it comes to a point where independent living is starting to become a burden, there’s no shame in seeking out a home care service that can properly assess and manage your needs.
Home Care: Professionally Trained, Trustworthy and Compassionate Caregivers
Home Helpers is a highly-recognized provider of superior home care services in Hebron. We only employ individuals who can meet our high standards when it comes to personalized home health care. We see to it that each and every one of our caregivers
Home Helpers Home Care: Making Life Easier
Sometimes, the only
For family members who are finding it hard to juggle their personal lives while caring for their elderly loved ones, hiring the services of an in-home care provider can guarantee the safety and care of their loved ones while they tend to their own. The compassionate and well-trained caregivers of Home Helpers Senior Home Care of Northwestern Indiana can provide competent in-home care and companionship, 24/7, to every kind of senior in Hebron, IN.
Our senior home care services are also available in Cedar Lake, Chesterton, Crown Point, Dyer, Granger, Griffith, Highland, La Porte, Merrillville, Mishawaka, Munster, Saint John, Schererville, Valparaiso, Lowell, Portage, Demotte, Elkhart, Hannah, Kouts, La Crosse, New Carlisle, Osceola, Rolling Prairie, South Bend, Union Mills, and Westville.
Hebron is a town in Boone Township, Porter County, Indiana. The population was 3,724 at the 2010 census.
The first settler to Hebron was Judge Jesse Johnson (1st Judge of the Porter County Probate Court. The area of Hebron was an open prairie interspersed with small groves of trees. The prairie was about 2.5 miles (4.0 km) long by 0.75 miles (1.21 km) wide. About 0.5 miles (0.80 km) south was the Potawatomi village of Hauakiki. Locally the village was called "Indian Town."
The area chosen for settlement was referred to as "The Corners" as this was where two roads crossed. Hebron was laid out in 1841. The first homes were of log construction. In 1849, Mr. McCune built the "Tavern" as the first frame structure. The tavern continued in use as a tavern until 1936. In 1838, a Rev. Hannan organized the Bethlehem Church of Associate Reform Presbyterians. Later the church changed its name from "Bethlehem" to "Hebron." In 1845, Rev. Blain of the Hebron Church of Associate Reform Presbyterians petitioned for a post office named after his church. The post office was established that year and the town got its name.
In 1849, 1852, 1855, and 1864 lots were laid out to the west and south of the "The Corners." It took the construction of the Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, and St. Louis Railroad in 1863 to open the town to growth. Completed just to support the Union effort during the American Civil War, the railroad spurred growth after the war ended. Hebron became a gateway to the rich hunting grounds of the Grand Kankakee Marsh.
The community was granted status as a "Town" on March 5, 1890. The advent of the draining of the Grand Kankakee Marsh in 1890 increased the traffic and the population of the entire area. Another spurt of growth occurred from 1900-1912 when the Hebron Opera House was built. By 1936, three passenger trains a day passed through Hebron headed for Chicago, making access to world markets possible.
The Eli Sigler House was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2011.