What to Ask A Home Care Agency
Common Questions & Answers
When seeking an in-home care company to handle the caregiving responsibility for your aging or differently-abled loved one, it’s crucial you do thorough research to prepare. There is so much to know about your prospective home care provider, but few things are as important as trustworthiness and transparency. In the interest of being as open as we can with our customers, Home Helpers® Home Care has included below a list of common questions you should ask – along with our answers.
Check out this resource below, and if you have any questions or if you’re ready to schedule your free In-Home Care Assessment, reach out to us today at (800) 990-9750.
- 1. How soon can you place a caregiver?
- We can place a Caregiver as soon as you need one. All we need to do is assess your situation, get an understanding of your needs, and then match you up with a Caregiver who can be there for you on day one. For those times when unexpected situations present themselves, we have our Rapid Care Response system for quick service.
- 2. Are your Caregivers insured?
- All Home Helpers Home Care Caregivers are insured and required to undergo a thorough background check. They are also properly screened to ensure your loved one and their homes are fully protected.
- 3. Does your in-home care agency conduct background checks on your employees?
- Yes, each of our Caregivers must pass an extensive background check to work for our company.
- 4. Are your Caregivers trained to handle tough clients? What kind of training and continuing education does this in-home care agency provide to your Caregivers?
- At Home Helpers Home Care, our Caregivers are trained to handle anything. Our detailed training curriculum and ongoing training make sure they are always fully prepared to care for their clients. We also offer our Home Helpers University, which not only provides ongoing training through courses and webinars, but offers our Caregivers the opportunity to earn certifications of Specialist, Expert, and Master, each of which differentiates the skill sets of each of our staff.