Benefits of Home Care for Seniors
Home care is the preferred option for most seniors today. After all, who doesn’t want to remain in their homes as they age? While some do just fine maintaining a good quality of life in nursing homes or assisted living facilities, most older adults want to remain in their homes, where they feel most safe and secure.
There are many benefits that come with seniors remaining in the comfort of their home. If you are trying to determine if it’s the right choice for you, consider the following reasons home care is often the best care:
- Remaining independent. We all want to stay as independent as possible for as long as possible! If some care is needed, it is totally possible to receive that care while in the home. Even if the needs are great, home health agencies can easily offer skilled nursing services.
- Staying connected to loved ones. This is a biggie! Most facilities will have restricted visiting hours, but home care allows you to have the support and care of friends and family at your leisure.
- The comforts of home. Remaining at home allows anyone to feel most cared for. When we are surrounded by familiar things, photographs, people, it is no surprise that we do better. Research has shown that seniors stay healthier and have a better quality of life when they can remain in their homes. When hospitals release patients to the familiar surroundings of home, they tend to heal faster and have far better results as they recover.
- Alternative for long-term skilled care. Depending on the illness or medical condition of your senior loved one, home health care is almost always a good option in place of facilities.
- Support for treatment. Being at home allows family and friends to help out with the necessary treatment. This could include administration of medications, helping out with occupational or physical therapy, or even dietary needs.
- Keeping morale high. People always feel more comfortable in their own homes, and this allows for greater long-term success. Being at home allows seniors to live happier lives with greater connections to important relationships. In turn, this keeps their spirits high and depression low.
- Cost. Skilled nursing care can be quite expensive when done in a hospital or nursing home. Even assisted living facilities can get very costly. Bringing in skilled care services to the home environment is far more affordable and offers the flexibility of working around existing daily routines.
Home care for seniors gets a big thumbs-up from us! This is especially true for those suffering with Alzheimer’s or dementia. For more information on the benefits or home care or how to plan effectively for it, contact us today!
Making Life Easier® Your loved one is in the best hands with our team.