It can be stressful to know your senior one is in the hospital. If you are concerned about them being alone during that time, we are here to help! We can provide support and assistance to ensure that the hospital stay is as productive as possible. Our experienced caregivers can help with:
• Personalized attention and support with daily tasks.
• Help to keep the senior aware and oriented by appropriate photos, personal effects, calendar and time of day, along with the right lighting that is soothing to their sensibilities.
• Help with staying as mobile as possible by helping them from bed to walk or move to a chair.
• Ensure they are toileting regularly. (Every three hours)
• Ensuring they do not lie in bed all day with no movement or sleeping too much.
• Making sure they are drinking enough fluids throughout the day.
• Helping with eating meals sitting up in a chair, rather than in bed.
• Helping to ensure appropriate sleep during the night by assisting with soothing music, gentle massage, warm blankets, and darkening of the room.
Home Helpers Caregivers provides the assistance and support needed when the family is unable to be at the hospital with their senior loved one. Our main goal is to provide a safe and trusting relationship between the senior patient and the caregiver, assuring dignity and support during hospitalization. Whether it’s at the hospital or at home, you can count on us to always:
• Listen to and comfort your senior loved one whenever they need it.
• Speak clearly and use simple language that is easy to understand.
• Respect the values and preferences of your loved one.
• Provide concise communication to the family through daily progress reports.
We are here to help! Please contact us today.
Download and print your Discharge Planning Checklist. It's a great resource for patients and their caregivers preparing to leave a hospital, nursing home, or other care setting. Just enter your email address below and click "Download" to instantly access your Checklist.