Since 1964, Heart Month has sought to educate about proper heart health. Although we have the most advanced testing, medicines and treatments available to us now, the key factor to heart health is YOU.
Only 27% of the GENERAL Public know the major symptoms of a heart attack and when to call 9-1-1 for help. Do you know these signs?
Many victims of heart attacks describe the “discomfort” as:
- A vice-like pressure in the chest.
- A feeling of weakness.
- A feeling of indigestion.
- Feeling like having “a touch of the flu”.
Someone having a heart attack may appear to:
- Have trouble breathing.
- Break out in a cold sweat.
- Seem panicked.
- Rub the chest, arm or jaw.
- Appear nauseous.
- Seem dizzy or light-headed.