You, or your loved one, has just been diagnosed with Dementia… Now what?
Dementia can not only be difficult for those with the diagnosis, but also difficult for family members and caregivers. About Time Senior Solutions offers dementia education, training and coping strategies to help when caring for someone with a dementia diagnosis. They offer educational workshops that the whole family can attend.
These workshops include…
Are you Dementia Aware?
Focuses on helping care partners or family members with four objectives:
Understanding the Difference Between Normal Aging and Not Normal Aging
Dementia Behaviors and Red Flags
Comfortable Communicating With a Person With Dementia
Tis The Season: Holidays, Family Dynamics & Dementia
Make the most of your time together. The workshop focuses on helping you to plan for the holiday season by offering strategies to create a positive outcome.
The Unexpected Journey
Break the stigma of living with dementia and focus on embracing your new world in a positive way.
Dementia Isn’t a Dirty Word
No Regrets, Adventure Before Dementia
You Can’t Pour From an Empty Cup
Saying Goodbye to What Was and Living for What Is
What Now? Lets Talk Dementia
You have a diagnosis of dementia, now what happens?
Driving Me Crazy, the Driving Issue
Down the Road
We’ll Be Friends Until We’re Old, Then We’ll Be New Friends
Home, safe and sound
They’re Not Doing This On Purpose
Increase your knowledge of dementia and learn about communicating with someone who has a diagnosis.
Be Dementia Aware
See, Listen, Feel
Detect to Connect and Communicate
Today I Choose Joy
Changing Personalities, Behaviors and Relationships
Understand what’s happening to your loved one as dementia progresses
The Four A’s: Anger, Aggression, Anxiety and Agitation
No, They Aren’t Crazy! A Discussion on Hallucinations, Delusions and Paranoia
This is NOT My Loved One: Exploring Relationship Changes
When Things Go Wrong, Go With It
If you, or someone you know, has been diagnosed with dementia, learning about the disease will help you and them cope with their new reality. There is so much we still don’t know about dementia and the life it can create. Support your friends and family by learning as much as you can about this disease.
Kelli Squire is a Dementia Support Specialist, Certified Care Manager and Owner of About Time Senior Solutions. Kelli's passion is to help people and their families touched by dementia, find the necessary resources to make the most of their time. Connecting with the "right" resources is key to fostering a positive, supportive and stigma free environment for you and your loved one.
- Recognized by The Alzheimer’s Association of Colorado as a Leader In Dementia Care
- Alzheimer’s Association Speaker’s Bureau
- Facilitates a monthly Memory Café for people with a dementia diagnosis and their care partners
- Facilitates Early Stage 8 week courses for people with a diagnosis and their care partners
- Outreach Committee Co-Chair for The Boulder Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach to Care
PAC Certified Independent Trainer
Trains and educates philosophy, care strategies and techniques by Teepa Snow, one of America’s leading educators on Dementia.
Kelli is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals, families, and caregivers who are working to manage dementia through her involvement in the community, which includes:
- Committee member for A Dementia Friendly America Initiative in Boulder County
- Leader/Facilitator for Boulder Inter Agency on Aging, which is comprised of representatives of public and private, for-profit and non-profit agencies and facilities serving the senior community in the Boulder County area.
- Folks In Aging participant, a group that partners with Boulder County Area Agency on Aging to provide valuable services and resources for Boulder County.
Fun Fact about Kelli: Her aura color is turquoise! It symbolizes a sensitive, compassionate, loving and intuitive energy - that of a healer or therapist.
Kelli Squire, Dementia Support Specialist & Certified Care Manager