I remember asking my aging Mom what she wanted or needed for Christmas each year, and she always told me that she didn’t need anything. She was perfectly happy being surrounded by her family. So, that left the rest of the family and me scrambling to find thoughtful and/or useful gifts for her under the tree.
Thankfully, House Beautiful has done the legwork for many of us this year by creating a list of thoughtful holiday gifts for seniors that they can use.
- Zyllion Back and Neck Massager – This is a great portable gift for seniors who could benefit from some rest, relaxation, and self-care.
- Ayden Power Lift Recliner with Massage & Heat– Considered one of the best recliners at Pottery Barn, this remote-controlled chair not only reclines, but it lifts for added support when sitting or standing, and massages tight muscles with heat.
- Atlantic Over the Arm Remote Caddy– This handy gift works great over the arm of a sofa or favorite chair to keep remote controls, tissues, eyeglasses, magazines, or practically anything you regularly use while seated organized and easy to reach.
- Paint-by-Numbers Kit – This is a terrific gift for seniors who enjoy flexing their creative muscles. It is also a great diversion from spending too much time watching tv or scrolling devices.
- Crochet Kit– Many senior women enjoy crocheting or knitting homemade scarves, blankets, hats and sweaters, so consider purchasing them a kit or gift of supplies so they can make DIY gifts for the rest of the family or friends.
- Venus Custom Photo Puzzle– For seniors who enjoy working puzzles, take a recent family photo and have it custom-made into a jigsaw puzzle you can work together as a family.
- She’s Birdie Personal Safety Alarm– Of course you want your senior loved ones to remain safe, especially if they walk or shop at night, or if they live alone. The Birdie alarm is a compact device that comes in a variety of colors and features a loud siren and flashing strobe lights to serve as a distraction, a deterrent, or a call for help.
- My Life Story Book– For the senior writer or storyteller in your family, this book is like a journal and is meant to preserve precious memories, historical milestones, funny anecdotes, unique experiences, wisdom, and those many treasured stories for the benefit of future generations.
- Personalized Custom Ornament – Certain be an adored adornment for years to come, a personalized custom ornament is completely affordable and unique to you, your family, and your senior loved one.
- Large Print Adult Coloring Book – Coloring isn’t just for children anymore! Kids and seniors alike can have fun coloring together, and seniors may find they are more relaxed and less stressed while coloring.
- Digital Photo Frame – Don’t keep great family photos on your phone for no one to see! Download them to a digital photo frame and you instantly have a digital photo album to gift to a senior loved one they can see anytime they want!
- LED Neck Reading Light – Seniors who enjoy reading probably do so before bed or If they can’t sleep. An LED reading light that hangs around the neck will perfectly illuminate the pages when it’s dark.
- HP Instant Photo Printer – It’s like magic how the HP Sprocket Select Portable Instant Photo Printer allows seniors to print full-color, sticky-backed photos quickly and easily from social media, email, or their Smartphone camera roll.
These are all great holiday gift ideas for seniors, but if these don’t float your boat, House Beautiful has a few more they share in their article. You can also take a peek at one of my blogs from last December with even more options: 47 Free and Affordable Holiday Gifts for Seniors, although prices may have changed.
Maybe Home Helpers® in-home care services would be an appropriate option for a senior you know in the Clearwater area. Perhaps they would benefit from care and companionship, meal planning and preparation, wellness calls, or some of our other services. The compassionate caregivers I employ are ready, willing, and able to help 24/7/365. I gladly offer a FREE Consultation to assess needs and match the perfect caregiver to provide assistance.
We, at Home Helpers® Clearwater, are honored to have received the Home Care Pulse – Best of Home Care® Provider of Choice Award 2016-2022 and the Best of Home Care® Employer of Choice Award 2022. We proudly serve male and female seniors in Clearwater, Dunedin, Palm Harbor, Safety Harbor, Tarpon Springs, Holiday, New Port Richey, Trinity, Port Richey, Hudson, and surrounding areas. Home Helpers®…we are Making Life Easier℠ 727.942.2539