Parkinson's Home Care in Teaneck, NJ
Parkinson’s Disease Care in Teaneck, NJ
Receiving a diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease is a scary and uncertain time for both the patient and family members. So many questions will be piling up in your mind….how did I get this disease? Will it ever get better? Can I live a normal life? These are all valid questions that beg answers. While we may not have all the answers, Home Helpers can help you or your loved one in Teaneck adjust to life with Parkinson’s and have the help and companionship needed along the way!
- If you are not familiar with Parkinson’s Disease, here are a few quick things to keep in mind:
- More than 1 million Americans have been diagnosed
- It currently has no cure but does have helpful treatments to manage it well
- New medications are being developed all the time
- Researchers are busier than ever trying to find a cure
Home Helpers understands that there will come a day when family members alone can’t give all the help that may be needed or may not have the knowledge to properly care for the patient as the disease progresses. We offer above and beyond help to get through the day comfortably. Our team can also assist in these areas:
- Meal Planning/Nutrition. Parkinson’s patients need a diet that strengthens bones and muscles. Our caregivers understand how to help layout a menu that will be the most beneficial for your loved one.
- Security and Supervision. Many patients with Parkinson’s Disease are older adults, when they may be getting unsteady on their feet anyway. An unsteady gait that comes with Parkinson’s can present challenges, but our caregiving team knows how to help keep your loved one safe by putting safety checks in place inside the house. They will go through the home and help you know what needs to change so that there is minimal risk of trips or falls.
- Exercise and Mobility. The doctor may prescribe physical therapy or other exercises to help you stay as safe and mobile as possible. Our team can help you follow through with the home exercise routine.
- Relieving Family Members. This might be one of the most important services of all—giving tired family members some rest. Parkinson’s Disease can be challenging and tiring in those times when everyone is getting used to the changes and learning how to find a new normal. Our compassionate caregivers can bring respite and expertise to stressed-out families while keeping the patient safe and comfortable! We want to be an extended family to you.
Call Home Helpers today at (201) 574-1939 and let our skilled, caring and compassionate team of home care workers prove why we’re one of the best in the business! We will treat your loved one like our own.