Thoughtful Ways to Start the Conversation
Having a conversation with your loved one about hiring a Caregiver for home health care services is never an easy thing. Many want to believe that they are always capable of taking care of themselves and attending to their daily activities. Whether it’s age or another reason, sometimes they simply need a helping hand with some of those tasks. However, approaching that subject with an aging loved one is never easy. With a little preparation and thought, you can start an honest and open dialog with your loved one that will help lead to a plan for future care that you all can agree on.
- Here are some tips for when you choose to have that conversation:
- Be compassionate
- Think from their point of view
- Don’t try to tell them your solution – work to develop it together
- Listen more than you speak
- Ask questions rather than make statements
Need some more advice? Home Helpers® Home Care is happy to offer a FREE guide below to having that tough conversation. This guide will offer specific techniques based on the principles of inclusion, choice, and compassion.