Alzheimer’s & Dementia In Home Care Services
Assisting with Unique Needs & Challenges of Dementia Home CAre
If you have a loved one who is suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia, you understand the challenges that present themselves daily. Home Helpers® Home Care is here to provide a helping hand with our dementia and Alzheimer's care services. We offer personalized Alzheimer's and dementia patient care that will not only improve the quality of life for our clients but their families as well.
Dementia Caregiver Tips
If you are caring for a parent or loved one with dementia at home, especially in the beginning, it can be difficult to know where to start or how to provide the best care. Some tips for helping to provide care, according to Alzheimers.gov, includes:
- Try to keep a routine for your days, such as bathing and eating at the same time daily.
- Create to-do lists and calendars.
- Have a system that reminds the person to help take medications regularly.
- Use helpful medical and mobility devices, such as shower chairs.
- Plan daily activities the person enjoys, and do them at the same time every day.
- Loose fitting clothing without laces, buttons, or buckles can be much easier to deal with when dressing and undressing. Consider elastic waistbands and fabric fasteners.
- Serve meals consistently.
- Be gentle and respectful with your loved one through every part of their day. Explain to them what you are doing and the steps involved.
Benefits of in-home care for loved ones with alzheimer's and dementia
- Familiar environments offer a great deal of security
- Daily routines help bring sense of normalcy
- Sensory stimulation can offer positive effects on health
- Additional support for family caregiver
Find the best dementia home care near you with Home Helpers.
WHY CHOOSE IN-HOME dementia CARE WITH HOME HELPERS?
Our skilled Caregivers receive specialized training so that they can administer the most effective level and method of dementia home care. They are highly experienced with caring for clients with these particular needs and are certified in Alzheimer’s care through our partnership with the National Certification Board for Alzheimer Care (NCBAC).
For clients who require specialized care for Dementia and Alzheimer’s, Home Helpers Home Care is a better choice. Allowing clients to remain at home with a qualified, professional Caregiver who they can become familiar with is the best route that ensures their long-term comfort and happiness. Our Caregivers work to use music, photographs, meals to help bring their favorite experiences into any given day.