Why I Like Being a Home Helpers Caregiver
Though not always the easiest of jobs, caregiving and being part of a senior care team can be extremely rewarding. Being part of a team at a senior care agency also allows you to be part of a larger effort in your community where you play a part in helping hundreds of individuals, both those needing help directly as well as those family members and friends you are helping indirectly.
Caregiving allows a person the ability to truly help someone in need. A caregiver, you may be simply providing companionship and positive conversation that is of great importance to a person’s emotional well-being. You may also be helping with tasks around the house such as light housekeeping, doing the laundry, or other household activities. You may also assist with transportation to important doctor’s appointments and other important errands. You may also provide hands-on care or assistance with basic activities of daily living such as bathing, feeding, dressing, and transferring.
What oftentimes is underestimated in the senior care industry are the impacts we may have on family members in need. In many situations, there is a sole family member that shoulders the burden of taking care of a loved one. For example, a son or a daughter may become the primary caregiver for a parent. The care needs that may have been minor in the beginning continue to increase, thus impacting their personal life. This frequently results in burnout and that son or daughter in a sense loses the ability to just be that son or daughter that they want to be. That is where we can come in and provide a great service by helping them take care of their loved one and help with their emotional well-being.
Recently, we invited our staff to the office to participate in a “video booth” and talk about what they like in being a caregiver as part of our senior care team at Home Helpers of Bradenton. In this video, you will hear just a few of the many reasons why our compassionate caregivers do what they do.
- Lottie spoke about the great stories and experiences that she learns about from her elderly clients and the joy it gives her when their faces light up when she comes to take care of them.
- Michelle talked about being part of a great team where the admin staff treats her like family and takes care of their employees. She also talked about the ability to go and bring joy to her clients and make their lives easier.
- Angelica talked about being an agency where the admin staff is organized and helpful.
- Tammy spoke about the wisdom that you gain from clients as well as the job oftentimes being a lot of fun. She also talked about the family aspect of being part of a team.
- Regina talked about helping people maintain their independence and dignity as well as helping them to stay at home as long as possible. She also spoke about her sharing a part of her life with them. She also believes that it is an honor to take care of others.
ABOUT HOME HELPERS OF BRADENTON
Home Helpers of Bradenton is one of the region’s leading home care franchises specializing in comprehensive services for seniors. Home Helpers’ sole mission is to make life easier for clients and their families. Based in Bradenton, Florida, the company serves all of Manatee County including the communities of Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Palmetto and Parrish. For more information or to request a free in-home care assessment, contact our office at (941) 499-5946 or visit our website at www.homehelpershomecare.com/bradenton
Making Life Easier® Your loved one is in the best hands with our team.