We are excited to shine the spotlight on Deborah, our Exceptional Caregiver of the month for October 2021! Deborah is truly exceptional, exhibiting all the qualities of a great caregiver. She is beloved by clients and colleagues and has been described as "patient", "reliable", "compassionate", "attentive", and simply "a friend". Deborah always wants to go above and beyond for her clients to truly deliver a higher standard of home care. Not only do we regularly receive positive feedback from clients and their families about Deborah, they always want more of her time! Simply put, Deborah is “the best of the best” and epitomizes the Home Helpers of Bradenton core values.
Deborah has a long history of caregiving dating back to her youth. During her teenage years, she was required to shoulder much of the care for her two younger brothers, making their lunch every day for school, driving them to school, and helping them with their homework. Later in life, she would become the primary caregiver for her mother who passed away in 2014, and for her father who passed away in 2018. Caring for her mother and seeing the poor quality of care for her mother in a facility inspired Deborah to become a professional caregiver.
Deborah describes being a caregiver as her "calling". She loves the one-on-one experience with her clients, getting to know them, being a friend, and ultimately tailoring their care to make their lives easier, happier, and more comfortable. Per Deborah, "I just love bringing a smile to my clients’ faces every time I see them.” Deborah also shared how she approaches life on a daily basis: “I try to always stay positive. Even when things are not so great, I know something good will always come.”
"Deborah - You inspire us all. You are truly making a difference in the lives of your clients! You are amazing and we appreciate you!" -Jonathan and the Home Helpers Admin Staff
DEBORAH EMBODIES OUR CORE COMPANY VALUES:
- Customer Commitment
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT DEBORAH:
- She is originally from Wauchula, FL. She moved to Okinawa, Japan in 1984 and lived there for four years.
- She moved to Bradenton in 1988.
- She has one daughter who is 26 years old.
- She has 2 rescue dogs and 12 rescue cats. She also takes care of several feral cats that live in her community. She believes that rescue animals help to rescue people from the things in life they may be going through.
- She loves nature and simply being outside, whether that’s doing nature walks at parks, working in her garden, or walking at the beach while looking for shells.
- Her favorite type of food is seafood, especially anything with shrimp and scallops.
- Something you wouldn't know about Deborah unless she told you is that she loves the Hallmark channels! She gets especially excited during the Autumn season and the Christmas holidays because she gets to watch all of the Christmas movies!
With this award, Deborah has received a special gift from Home Helpers of Bradenton and has also been nominated for consideration for the Home Helpers of Bradenton Exceptional Caregiver of the Year, the Tampa Bay Home Helpers Exceptional Caregiver of the Year, and the national Home Helpers Home Care Exceptional Caregiver of the Year.
With great joy, the staff at Home Helpers is honored to present to you, Deborah, the award for October 2021 Exceptional Caregiver of the Month.
ABOUT HOME HELPERS OF BRADENTON
Home Helpers of Bradenton is one of the region’s leading home care franchises specializing in comprehensive services for seniors. Home Helpers’ sole mission is to make life easier for clients and their families. Based in Bradenton, Florida, the company serves all of Manatee County including the communities of Anna Maria, Bradenton, Bradenton Beach, Ellenton, Holmes Beach, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key, Palmetto, and Parrish. For more information or to request a free in-home care assessment, contact our office at (941) 499-5946 or visit our website atwww.homehelpershomecare.com/bradenton