24-Hour Home Care in Katy, TX
Types of 24-Hour Home Care Services We Offer
While we know you would do anything for an aging loved one, sometimes, you can’t always be available day and night. It can be hard juggling multiple routines and still finding time for yourself with your own busy schedule. Fortunately, at Home Helpers of Greater Katy, we have Caregivers available to provide 24-hour home care in Katy for seniors in the community.
We specialize in 24-hour home care services, including:
- Direct Link Monitoring – We want you to have peace of mind knowing your loved one has an in-home care professional working with them and monitoring technology that will alert the correct people when something is wrong. Our Direct Link comes with a personal emergency response system working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Vital Signs Monitoring – With advanced technology, our Caregivers can monitor vitals, such as heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, and more, from anywhere. We track this information and review it periodically to ensure overall health and safety. This life-saving service has been used to reduce falls, other injuries, and hospitalization.
- Medications Management – When you get older, it can be difficult keeping up with the various medications needed daily. Whether you need medication management support to keep track of daily doses of a specific medication to reduce ailment symptoms or help organize multiple medications, our Katy home care specialists are here to help.
Our goal is to ensure your senior family member has the appropriate in-home care for their physical, emotional, and psychological needs.
At What THE STAGES OF DEMENTIA Do Patients Need Care?
Determining when your loved one needs 24-hour care will depend on which stage of dementia they are in. As such, stage 4 is typically when you'd want to consider your loved one having 24-hour care. Continue reading for more information about the stages of dementia. Below, we list all seven stages of dementia as well as a closer look at stages 3-5.
The 7 stages of dementia are:
- Stage 1 - No Memory Deficit
- Stage 2 - Slight Cognitive Decline
- Stage 3 - Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Stage 4 - Moderate Cognitive Decline
- Stage 5 - Moderate Dementia
- Stage 6 - Severe Cognitive Decline
- Stage 7 - Severe Dementia
A Closer Look at Stages 3, 4, and 5
Stage 3 is usually the first stage where you, or others, start noticing your loved one's memory decline:
- Lose belongings
- Struggle with reading comprehension
- Experience difficulty with driving
Additionally, if they're employed, they may have a difficult time performing and staying organized at work.
In stage 4, it will likely be hard for your loved one to operate without help. Caregivers will often start helping during this stage. For instance, a caregiver may be needed to drive your loved one around and help them with things around their home. It's in stage 4 where your loved one would be diagnosed with dementia by a doctor.
At stage 5 your loved one will likely not be able to perform daily living tasks on their own, your loved one will likely:
- Experience major memory loss,
- Frequent episodes of confusion,
- Need help with bathing, dressing, and preparing meals.
In conclusion, stage 4 is when you should consider having 24-hour care for your loved one. It's in stage 4 when they’ll start needing help with those daily tasks.
When in doubt, give us a call (832) 583-7540. We can help you assess whether your loved one needs 24-hour home care.
The Benefits of 24-Hour In-Home Care
You can’t underestimate the power of round-the-clock assistance with an elderly family member, especially when they’re living with a severe and prolonged condition. With our senior overnight care and 24-hour home care services, we are dedicated to helping your family find the adequate care and balance that has been absent due to lack of time and training. Our highly experienced and certified home care professionals are committed to customizing a care plan focused on respect, dignity, and improving quality of life.
With our 24-hour monitoring and safety care services, your loved one will get:
- Wearable technology with a direct connection to our care team in case of emergencies
- A certified Caregiver for daily hygiene upkeep and daily activities
- Assistance with chronic ailments, such as COPD, heart disease, and more
- Privacy and the utmost respect from Caregivers who genuinely care about your family