Our fundamental approach to home care is that everyone we help has a medical challenge. It might be physical, cognitive, emotional, or behavioral. It can be all of these - and it can run the gamut from mild to severe.
Who better to consult with for an assessment than a registered nurse who specializes in geriatric care?!
Nurse Forward Patient Approach
Our Nurse Forward patient approach is a registered home care business model with the State of Wisconsin where Home Helpers utilizes registered nurses to lead all areas of the patient engagement, including:
- Conduct all patient assessments
- Create and manage patient-centered care plans, including periodic visits to reassess patient status and what modifications are recommended. These are discussed with the patient and their families
- Coordinate pre-hospital conferences to prepare for discharge home (planning ahead)
- Coordinate hospital or rehab discharge care conferences to prepare for discharge home (planning for the new normal)
- Schedule, attend, and transport patients to follow-up medical appointments
- On-call 24/7 for emergencies
- Our registered nurses are also Certified Dementia Practitioners
Integrated Wellness Program
Our Nurse Forward approach is then married with our Integrated Wellness Program focusing on the whole person, including:
- Safety: All staff are equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and they have received additional infection control and COVID-19 training
- Nutrition & Hydration
- Emotional/Social Support
- Mental Exercise/Stimulation
Call us at (262) 214-6941 if you need care in Greater Milwaukee or other nearby cities, and we’ll gladly help you.