Frequently Asked Questions
Are You Licensed?
Yes! We are licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health to perform Home Services (#3000197) and Home Nursing (#4000379). As a licensed agency, we adhere to strict guidelines regarding information disclosure, background checks, the training and supervision of caregivers, plan of care documentation and service standards, among other regulations.
What Areas Do You Serve?
Our Home Helpers office serves nearly 40 towns in Western Cook and Eastern DuPage Counties. Please call our office, (630) 812-7426, for specifics. If we don’t serve your area, we will put you in touch with a Home Helpers office that does.
What Makes Home Helpers Different?
- You will never be asked to guarantee a schedule or make a payment in advance of service.
- You may terminate services at any time, for any reason, and will pay for nothing more than services previously rendered.
- Our Care Team is accessible to clients, family members and caregivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We will take the time to find the best caregiver based on your requirements. She/He will have both the skills to perform the required duties and the personality that will make them a welcome visitor in your home.
- You will always have the opportunity to meet and approve of the caregiver before they start.
- We will strive to have a backup caregiver available in case the primary caregiver is sick or cannot make it.
- You will always have the final say as to the care plan.
- We will keep all information confidential and respect your privacy.
I've Never Had A Caregiver. How Does It Work?
The caregivers are there so that you can remain independent in your home. We will develop a “care plan” together. The caregivers will carry out the plan. Will they be preparing meals, taking you to appointments, doing light housework or simply providing companionship? It’s up to you and it can change whenever you want it to!
What Happens If I Don't Like the Caregiver?
Although we strive for a perfect fit every time, there are situations where the client/caregiver relationship fails to develop as expected. You can change caregivers at any time.
Am I Required to Commit to A Minimum Number of Hours Per Day or Per Week?
No. You can use us 1 hour per month or 24 hours a day. You can have a caregiver 30 hours this week and 10 hours next week. It’s all up to you. We are very flexible. Of course, to retain the same caregiver, it is always better to have a regular schedule.
Will I Have the Same Caregiver Each Time?
Yes, as long as you have a regular schedule. In the event of a schedule change or a caregiver emergency, we will do our best to match you with a temporary caregiver who fits your needs. One of the benefits of being a Home Helpers client is that we have highly experienced on-call caregivers who can fill in when needed.
Are Your Services Available in Retirement Communities, Nursing Homes, and Assisted Living Facilities?
Absolutely! We provide care anywhere it is needed.
Will the Caregivers Eat My Food?
No, they bring their own snacks and meals.
Do You Have Live-In Caregivers?
Yes, in addition to our come-and-go caregivers, we have caregivers that can live in your home 24 hours a day.
Who Pays the Caregivers?
The caregivers are our employees and we are solely responsible for paying for their services. We also pay all payroll taxes, unemployment insurance and Workers Compensation insurance.
How Often Do You Bill Me?
We will bill you every two weeks. You can pay by automatic account withdrawal or credit card. If you have long-term care insurance, we will submit claims on your behalf.
Does It Cost Anything to Set Up an Introductory Meeting With You?
No! There is never a charge to have us come out and meet you. It is important for you to meet us face-to-face in order to feel confident in our ability to provide care for you or your loved one.