Home Care Hillside IL
We Offer the Following Home Care Services in Hillside, Illinois
- Companion Care
- Alzheimer's & Dementia Care
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- 24 / 7 Live-In Care
Activities for Seniors in Hillside IL
Hillside Senior Club
The Hillside Senior Club meets every Friday at noon at the Community Center, 1 N. Lind. The Senior Club enjoys one-day trips, dinners, parties and a host of other activities.
- Call (708) 449-6450 or visit Hillside Senior Club online.
Hillside Public Library
The Hillside Public Library, located at 405 N. Hillside Avenue, offers an ongoing calendar of book discussions, movies, crafts, and other events.
Hours are Monday-Thursday: 10 am-9 pm, Friday & Saturday: 10 am-5 pm, and closed on Sundays.
- Visit Hillside Library online or call (708) 449-7510.
Memorial Park District
Memorial Park District, which offers services to Bellwood and several surrounding communities, sponsors two Senior Clubs.
- Members of Club 1 meet at Eisenhower Center, 700 Speechley Blvd., Hillside, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays.
- Members of Club 2 meet on the first and third Tuesdays of each month from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Sharp Center, 1609 N. 36th Ave., Melrose Park.
- For more information, call:
- Sharp Center: (708) 547-3936
- Eisenhower Center: (708) 547-3900
Proviso Township Senior Referral Office
This multi-service agency provides information and referral services either by phone or in person.
- A wide variety of services are available to seniors and individuals with disabilities, including:
- Free rides to medical appointments
- Temporary handicapped placards
- Meals on Wheels
- Wheelchairs for loan
- Laminating service for identification cards
- Notary Public
- Help with benefits access and tax freeze applications, pharmaceutical assistance and other forms and documents
- Free Income tax assistance
Handyman Program is available for advice, referrals, and minor repairs for $5.00 per visit plus the cost of any needed parts.
- Call (708) 449-4307 for more information, or visit Proviso Township online.
Aging Care Connections
Aging Care Connections is a private, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to enrich the quality of life of older adults and their families through a range of programs and services that enhance their well-being and independence. Founded in 1971, Aging Care Connections provides comprehensive services to adults sixty years of age and older in Lyons, Riverside, Proviso, Norwood Park and Leyden Townships. Programs and services include Caregiver Support Program, Support Groups, Benefits Assistance, Self-Neglect, Adult Protective Services, Respite, Community Care Program, Linkage to Home Delivered Meals, Transportation, Congregate Meals, Comprehensive Care Coordination, and General Information and Assistance.
- If you have questions about aging resources in our community, contact ACC at (708) 354-1323 or agingcareconnections.org.
Why eat lunch alone when you can dine with friends new and old, and all for just $2.50?
Aging Care Connections’ Congregate Meals program serves older adults (aged 60 and older) with a nutritious lunchtime meal for a suggested donation of $2.50. Meals are served Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.at Salerno’s Pizzeria and Sports Bar, 9301 W 63rd St, Hodgkins.
Stay after your meal to enjoy bingo, crafts, reading discussion groups, board games, and educational programs.
- Reserve your spot at (708) 354-1323.
Aging Well Neighborhood
The Health Programming Team works with community organizations and health providers to increase participation in evidence-based health workshops for older adults Take Charge of Your Health (managing chronic health conditions) and (A Matter of Balance) preventing falls.
Do you want to get involved in creating an age-friendly community? Or learn about the health and wellness events, programs, and activities happening in your area? Or connect with other like-minded adults near you? If so, we would love to hear from you! The Aging Well Neighborhood program brings together older adults, businesses, healthcare services, social services, and health and wellness education to create a “Health Neighborhood.” The goal of this program is to build a community of services that support lifelong wellness and an age-friendly community.
- Contact the Aging Well Neighborhood team at Aging Care Connections at (708) 354-1323 ext. 259 or AWN@agingcareconnections.org.
West Suburban Senior Services
West Suburban Senior Services, which runs senior centers in Bellwood, La Grange, and Forest Park, has been assisting senior citizens in the near West Cook County suburbs township for more than 30 years. As a charitable, non-profit organization, the agency provides a variety of services, programs, and assistance exclusively to address the needs of senior citizen residents.
They focus on empowerment and independence while offering a range of services that can be found here.
- Call (773) 596-2215 for more information.