Note: As of September 1, 2008, all home care agencies are required to be licensed by the State of Illinois. Always ask to see a copy of the agency’s license.
In addition to being a licensed, full-service Home Services and Home Nursing agency, we promise the following:
• Home Helpers Home Care of Hinsdale was the first agency in Illinois to be A+ Rated by the Home Care Standards Bureau.
• We’ve been in business for over 13 years and have a lot of experience to share.
• We will never ask you to guarantee a schedule or make an advance payment. You may terminate our services at any time, for any reason, and will owe nothing more than services previously rendered.
• A nurse will supervise our caregivers.
• We will be accessible to clients, family members and caregivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• We will know all of our clients personally and will always put their interests first. Other than our own family, our clients are our top priority.
• We will take the time to find the best caregiver based on your requirements. She/He will have both the skills to perform the required duties and the personality that will make them a welcome visitor time after time.
• You will always have the opportunity to meet and approve of the caregiver before they start.
• We will strive to have a backup caregiver available in case the primary caregiver is sick or cannot make it.
• You will always have the final say as to the personalized care plan.
• We will keep all information confidential and respect your privacy.
Home Helpers is a full-service agency, offering nursing care as well as non-medical services. We screen, train, employ and supervise our caregiving staff. We withhold taxes and contribute to workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance. We bond and insure all of our employees. Illinois law requires that licensed home care agencies perform employee criminal background checks, but we go beyond that and search state and federal felony and misdemeanor databases while also performing a number of other checks, including a driving record review. Our employees also must pass a pre-hire drug screening.
Read more about our many services here.
These agencies place caregivers with clients and generally collect a placement fee from the caregiver. Some agencies pre-screen and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction. The employment agency typically does not pay employer/employee payroll taxes or workers’ compensation insurance. The client must assume all of the responsibilities of an employer, including payment of required taxes and withholding, as required by Illinois labor laws.
Independent providers of care, such as companions, aides or nurses, can be hired privately by the client. If an employer/employee relationship is established between the client and caregiver, the client will be responsible for all state and federal payroll requirements as well as workers’ compensation and unemployment compensation obligations. There may be some instances where the caregiver may be considered an “independent contractor” and, therefore responsible for his or her own taxes and insurance. The IRS has established clear guidelines to be used in determining whether a caregiver is an employee or an independent contractor, and in order to avoid unintentional liability, clients should consider these guidelines (and their consequences) before hiring a caregiver privately.
At Home Helpers Home Care, we’re here to do exactly what our name says: help. We’re more than an in-home health care agency – we’re your extended family when family can’t be there.
From our initial free in-home consultation to compassionate, caring in-home health care services to medical monitoring, we provide exceptional support for you, your loved one, and your entire family.
We work with you to create a customized care plan that matches your family’s needs, taking time to understand your unique situation through a step-by-step process for the best quality of life for your loved one and peace of mind for you.
We meet with you at no obligation to get to know you and understand your family’s needs, answer your questions, and assess care needs.
Our free home environmental assessment identifies potential hazards and helps ensure the home is safe for your loved one to age in place.
We know it can be difficult to open your home to a stranger, so we match every client with the most compatible caregiver, and we personally introduce caregivers and clients. When your loved one is partnered with the right caregiver, they become members of an extended family that provides compassionate, attentive care and the best possible quality of life.
Our home care services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, so you know your loved one’s needs are always being met. We offer care when and where it’s needed, whether it’s at home, in a retirement community or assisted living or skilled nursing facility.
We also help those recovering from surgery or injury, coping with a long-term illness, or managing an ongoing medical condition such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, or ALS. Whatever your family’s needs, Home Helpers can provide the care that makes the difference.
Home Helpers of Hinsdale is locally owned and operated by compassionate, professional members of the local community, ensuring the personal connections that make a real difference for your loved one’s care.
Serving more than 600 communities across North America, Home Helpers has the resources and support to ensure we provide the very best in-home health care services, regardless of the level of service required.
We invite you to spend some time on our website. Learn what makes our caregivers stand out from the rest. Then call us for a free consultation.