20 Inspirational Caregiver Quotes
It is an honor to care for aging parents. In the summers and on holidays my family would drive to Kentucky from our home in Florida to help care for my Nan. Then, when I was a senior in college, my mother suffered her third stroke, and six months later my dad was diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.
—Michael J. Fox, actor
I’m proud of being there for my parents in those years, but it was a very trying time. Life became complicated for my family much faster than anyone could have anticipated. It was frustrating to witness my loved ones’ health get worse, and frightening to be thrust into a caregiver role at a young age.
It’s with that in mind that I’d like to share some quotations about caregiving that are meaningful to me and those I work with at Home Helpers. We believe staying positive is crucial in family caregiving situations. I hope these words bring comfort to those who need it.
(Please share these caregiver quotes with friends or loved ones who need some extra positivity in their lives!)
Inspirational Caregiver Quotes
- "The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else." - Carson McCullers, author
- "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia, author
- "KINDESS can transform someone's dark moment with a blaze of light. You'll never know how much your caring matters. MAKE A DIFFERENCE for another today." - Amy Leigh Mercree, author
- "To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors." - Tia Walker, author
- "It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing." - Mother Teresa, missionary
- "And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world it is best to HOLD HANDS and STICK TOGETHER." - Robert Fulghum, author
- "A SMILE is the light in your window that tells others that there is a CARING, SHARING person inside." - Denis Waitley, author
- "No matter what you've done for yourself or for humanity, if you can't look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?" - Lee Iacocca, businessman
- "FAMILY is the most important thing in the world." - Princess Diana
- "Care is a state in which something does matter; it is the source of human tenderness." - Rollo May, psychologist
- "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Laozi, philosopher
- "Love seeks one thing only: the good of the one loved. It leaves all the other secondary effects to take care of themselves. Love, therefore, is its own reward." - Thomas Merton, Trappist monk
- "Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn't know possible." - Tia Walker, author
- "Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have." - Margaret Mead, anthropologist
- "Caregivers attract caregivers and live in a community of love. They are energized by their caring, fulfilled, and they love life." - Gary Zukav, author
- "Caring about others, running the risk of felling, and leaving an impact on people, brings happiness." - Harold Kushner, Rabbi
- "The simple act of caring is HEROIC." - Edward Albert, actor
- "Caring for our seniors is perhaps the greatest responsibility we have. Those who walked before us have given so much and made possible the life we all enjoy." - Senator John Hoeven
- "One person caring about another represents life's greatest value." - Jim Rohn, author
- "Family is not an important thing. It's everything." - Michael J. Fox, actor
Follow us on Facebook and join our “Inspiration for Caregivers” Pinterest group for more caregiver inspiration and advice.
Making Life Easier® Your loved one is in the best hands with our team.
Schedule Free Assessment