Parkinson’s Home Care in Ventura County & Conejo Valley
A diagnosis of Parkinson’s Disease is a scary and uncertain time for both patients and family. So many questions will be piling up in your mind….how did I get this disease? Will it ever get better? Can I live a normal life? These are all valid questions that beg answers. While we may not have all the answers, Home Helpers can help you or your loved one adjust to life with Parkinson’s. And have the help and companionship needed along the way!
- If you are not familiar with Parkinson’s Disease, here are a few quick things to keep in mind:
- More than 1 million Americans have been diagnosed
- It currently has no cure but does have helpful treatments to manage it well
- New medications are being developed all the time
- Researchers are busier than ever trying to find a cure
Compassionate Experts in Home Care for Parkinson’s
Home Helpers Home Care of Ventura County & Conejo Valley knows that there will come a day when family members alone can’t give all the help needed. Or may not have the knowledge to care for the patient as the disease progresses.
- Above and beyond help to get through the day comfortably, our team can also assist in these areas:
- Meal Planning/Nutrition. Parkinson’s patients need a diet that strengthens bones and muscles. Our Caregivers understand how to help lay out a menu that will be the most beneficial for your loved one.
- Security and Supervision. Many patients with Parkinson’s Disease are older adults. Which is when they may be getting unsteady on their feet anyway. An unsteady gait that comes with Parkinson’s can present challenges. But our Caregiving team knows how to help keep your loved one safe by putting safety checks in the house. They will go through the home and help you know what needs to change so that there is minimal risk of trips or falls.
- Exercise and Mobility. The doctor may prescribe physical therapy. Or other exercises to help you stay as safe and mobile as possible. Our team can help you follow through with the home exercise routine.
- Relieving Family Members. This might be one of the most important services of all—giving tired family members a rest. Parkinson’s Disease can be tiring in those times when everyone is getting used to the changes. And learning how to find a new normal. Our compassionate Caregivers can bring respite and expertise to stressed out family. All while keeping the patient safe and comfortable! We want to be an extended family to you.
No matter what the case may be, we are confident that we can help! Even if it’s just to get some information, we want to be your go-to source for Parkinson’s home care. Remember, it’s always better to have all the information you need before things get stressful—we will help equip you for that time!
Call Home Helpers today at (805) 301-5930 and let our skilled, caring and compassionate team of Parkinson's care workers prove why we’re the best in the business! We will treat your loved one like our own.