Why In-Home Care
IN-HOME CARE IS THE BEST CHOICE!
Most people prefer home care - and for good reason. Home is a place of emotional and physical associations, memories and comfort.
Here are ten reasons why home care is a good choice for you and your family:
- FASTER RELEASE FROM THE HOSPITAL With home care, patients can come home sooner from the hospital. Quality home care can aid the healing process and help avoid hospital re-admissions.
- A VERY GOOD SUBSTITUTE FOR INSTITUTIONAL CARE In some cases - depending on the severity of an illness or disability - home care can substitute for other forms of institutionalized care, including hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities. People are clearly happier when they can live in the comfort of home.
- INVOLVEMENT WITH TREATMENT Both the client and family members can be more intimately involved with the plan of care treatment at home.
- MORE INDEPENDENCE You make the decisions. You are in control. This is, perhaps, the greatest plus for receiving care at home.
- CLIENT COMFORT Being at home is simply more comfortable for most people than being in an unfamiliar place. They have their photographs, books, bed, bath, kitchen, telephone, television; everything in its place, which in studies has proven to be an effective emotional healer.
- MORE ACCESS AND CLOSER TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS Unlike the restricted visiting hours at hospitals and nursing homes, home provides a place where family and friends can be close to the person at all hours, whenever needed.
- BETTER MORALE Patients tend to have a greater sense of well-being and overall morale when they are in the comfortable surroundings of their own home.
- FASTER RECOVERY Research has shown that recovery can be faster at home than in the hospital, particularly if there is good quality, skilled home health care available to the patient.
- LOWER COST Depending on the hours needed, home care can be much more affordable than nursing homes or other institutions.
- HOME PROMOTES HEALING Patients enjoy a much better quality of life which many families have said helped to extend the lives, health & happiness of their loved ones. They are in a familiar environment around their family in both their home and community in which they’ve lived for many years. This is particularly true with individuals suffering from dementia.
Call us at (805) 301-5930 if you need care in other cities, and we’ll gladly help you.